The Royal Cancun Resort Review
Find YOUR Best Cancun All Inclusive Resorts Quick
The Royal Cancun Mexico is a four
and a half star, adult only (16+), ($$$$) luxury all inclusive resort. Options
for holiday pampering abound at this hotel - in the more expensive tiers, you
can have everything from a swim-up suite to the perfect pillow (courtesy
of the "pillow menu")!
The Royal Cancun Amenities
In keeping with the theme of
luxe enjoyment, each of
the 288 suites has at least one ocean view
, and many
suites are also oceanfronts. Other opulent touches include mahogany
furniture and top-shelf bath amenities.
Some suites offer complementary phone calls and Internet access,
as well as exclusive access to the gourmet restaurant (reservations are
And because this is a relatively new property, opened in February of
2007, the touches are as up-to-date as the cosseted clientele. This
resort is strictly for grown-ups: the minimum age for guests is 16.
Royal Resorts Cancun All Inclusive Vacation Packages
- First and foremost, there are the restaurants. At the Royal Cancun, guests can choose from a
total of 16 restaurants
(8 at the Royal, 8 at the resort next door, the Gran Caribe Real).
Dining choices range from seafood and international haute cuisine to
Asian or Mexican-French fusion. Also complementary is the Royal Coffee
House and room service.
- A total of 16
bars – again, 8 at the Royal and 8 next door at the Gran
Caribe – including a wine bar, a beach bar, and a swim-up bar.
- A choice of
smoking or non-smoking rooms; 50% of the suites are
designated as non-smoking.
- Sports and
activities including live entertainment and non-motorized
packages are available with a surcharge.
Decided The Royal Cancun isn't for you?
See our top 10 Cancun resorts on our Cancun Hotel Ratings
page for more great resorts.
The Royal Cancun Resort Reviews90%
of more than 1500 Cancun resort reviews of the Royal Cancun recommend
staying at this Cancun resort for luxurious all inclusive Cancun
Some of the phrases used by reviewers were “best
trip ever by far”, “will be treated like royalty”, and “honeymoon to
never forget”. It is ranked 3rd by traveler reviews out of 162 Cancun
all inclusive resorts.
- With a hotel so focused on luxury it's no surprise that the friendliness and service of the staff the was mentioned by many satisfied
- Other widely-praised aspects of Royal Resorts Cancun were its pool and beach.
- The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms and beds and the in-suite showers and room service were highly praised.
- Travellers raved about the outstanding food and especially loved the Asian restaurant and Maria Marie.
- Many a honeymooner was surprised by the small details such as rose petals on the bed, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne.
- Great beach and pool-side drink service.
- The hotel is located in the Cancun all inclusive resorts strip and is within easy reach of the party zone and shopping.
- The superior service and 24 hour room service.
- The luxury details in some Royal vacation packages for Cancun including comfy beds, pillow menu, slippers, bathrobes, rain showers,
Now, to the complaints. With such a high rate of recommendation, and
with so many excellent reviews, there were really only a few problems
with this particular Cancun all inclusive resort.
- The most commonly recurring problem (a common one at Cancun all inclusive resorts)– was the pressure put on guests to upgrade their suites.
Many, upon arriving, were told that their suite would not be ready for
an hour, but if they would upgrade, they could have one right away.
This was occasionally repeated more than once, leaving guests angry and
tired, waiting in the lobby or on the grounds.
- The beach in Cancun is not the best in the Caribbean and the waves can sometimes be quite high.
- There is no disco at Royal Resorts Cancun.
- The hard-sell by time-share sales people who claim to be taking you on a hotel tour.
- The lobby is without air conditioning.
On hot days it can be sweltering, and as the nightly entertainments are
held in the lobby, several reviewers skipped them altogether.
- The complementary internet connection was reported to be weak by some guests.
- The "fully loaded IPod" described on the hotel website was not provided for some guests.
Tips for Staying at The Royal Cancun Mexico
- Cancun’s climate is semi-tropical, with temperatures soaring as
high as 110 degrees Fahrenheit between May and August. The rainiest
months are between September and November, and hurricane season
stretches from June to November. The best vacation packages for Cancun are outside of these times - in December through April when the weather is at its Caribbean finest.
- Recommended Cancun things to do
include: the Selvatica Canopy Expedition and Adventure tour, Nautilus
Diving & Training Center, Cancun With Me Day Tours to see the
ruins, and Hummer Jungle Tours.
- There is an exit tax of $18 to $38 US per person.
- Use caution when eating uncooked produce and avoid drinking the local water. Even a small amount can cause stomach upset – and worse.
- There is a dress code required at many of the restaurants.
- Royal Resorts Cancun is primarily booked by couples. Remember, no one under 16 is allowed to stay!
- Book your restaurant reservations in advance to ensure you get to try all of the restaurants you want to.
- Be prepared for the room upgrade push when you check-in. It may be wise to decide if you want to upgrade in advance to avoid the hard-sell.
- The staff in the blue shirts who introduces you to the hotel is a time-share salesperson so decline from the beginning if you're not interested in the $40,000 vacation package.
- Try the Pink Panther and Purple Rain drinks - yummy!
The Royal Cancun is a deluxe specimen of all inclusive resorts and
vacation packages for Cancun, Mexico. It is couples-oriented,
right down to the special check-in service for honeymooners. Royal Resorts Cancun are recommended for couples looking for romantic, luxury Cancun all inclusive resorts.