Barcelo Punta Cana Reviews
Find Your Best Punta Cana Vacation Packages
Barcelo Punta Cana is a Mediterranean-style resort located in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and is an option for cheap Punta Cana vacations and cheap all inclusive family vacations with lots of kids activities available. It is a 25
minute drive from the Punta Cana International Airport
and 40 miles (65 km) from Higuey, the nearest city.
Barcelo Punta Cana Amenities include:
Barcelo Punta Cana's is a large resort whose Spanish-influenced buildings house 798 guest rooms. The
rooms themselves fall into three categories
: Superior, Deluxe, Premium,
and Presidential. (Superior and Deluxe rooms come with views of the
garden or pool; rooms with an ocean view are classified as Deluxe Sea
View or Superior Sea View. The Premium and Presidential Suites have
garden or pool views.)
Barcelo Punta Cana vacation packages include the following amenities:
Meals(with restrictions), and beverages (including
hot drinks, soft
drinks, wine, beer, and local cocktails and liquors)
- Access to onsite
entertainment, sports, and facilities
- Diving class
(in the pool)
- Towels and
chairs on the beach and poolside
restaurants and snack bars, featuring a buffet ,
seafood- and barbeque-themed eateries, and Dominican, American,
Japanese, French, Tex-Mex and Italian cuisines. (A dress code is
required for some of the restaurants.)
- 8 bars,
including 2 in the lobby, 1 in the theatre, 1 in
the disco, and 1 swim-up bar.
- Sports and
activities including tennis, beach and water volleyball,
bocce, kayaking, windsurfing, water basketball, water park, climbing wall,
aerobics, skating rink, ping-pong, water polo, kid's club, and a
services available with an extra charge include scuba
diving, sailing classes, transfer from the airport, and wi-fi access.
- Punta Cana
near the resort include White Sands (15 minutes), Coctal (20 minutes),
and Punta Blanca (5 minutes).
Find more cheap all inclusive vacations here!
Barcelo Punta Cana Resort Reviews64% of Barcelo Punta Cana resort reviews recommend staying
at this Punta Cana all inclusive resort. So, what did
travellers love? What did they hate? And what do they recommend for a
more enjoyable experience?
- The beautiful Punta Cana beach with lots of shade options.
- In the renovated sections, the rooms were fairly clean and the beds were comfortable.
- The lovely pool
areas were divided into party, quiet, and children’s
- Guests who upgraded
advised it as the ticket to an enjoyable stay, and the LCD TVs were
- The market is just a 10 minute walk from the resort
- Plenty of activities for kids including trapeze, rock climbing, water park, and kids club (with toys, video games, etc).
- Wedding guests raved about the Punta Cana wedding service and said the resort did an excellent job of both ceremony and a private dinner after.
- Kid's menus at the a la carte restaurants.
- The older
buildings were described as unpleasant, dilapidated, and
- The service
was understaffed for such a large resort, and check–ins could be very
- Standing in line to make dinner reservations.
- Food-borne illnesses were reported on some occasions.
To read individual reviews of the Barcelo Punta Cana check out this TripAdvisor page
Punta Cana Travel Tips for the Barcelo:
- There is a $10 surcharge per person upon entering the
Dominican Republic. A $20 departure tax is assessed upon exiting the
- Be very careful about eating raw food. Do not drink the
water – even ice cubes can cause a reaction.
- A dress code (long pants, no sleeveless shirts, etc.) is
required for some areas so come prepared.
- For the most enjoyable vacation try to make sure your rooms
are located in buildings that have recently been renovated.
- A basic knowledge of Spanish is helpful in communicating
with the staff.
- Recommended Punta Cana things to do include: zip lining, great snorkeling trips, swim with the sharks and sting rays,
- Don't miss the beach party.
Barcelo Punta Cana is a great vacation
spot on a fantastic white sand beach and could be an option for cheap Punta Cana vacations
if you know what to expect - a good basic all inclusive in a third
world country. Previous guests also recommended Barcelo Punta
Cana as an option for cheap all inclusive family vacations.
Check out more cheap all inclusive vacations.
Check out more all inclusive family vacations.