Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Resort
Helping you Choose YOUR Best Dominican Republic All Inclusives
Principe Punta Cana - a five star, moderately priced ($$$) Dominican Republic beach
resort surrounded by the white sand beach of Playa
Gran Bahia is an option
for Punta Cana all inclusive family vacations, weddings, and group vacations.
The nearest town to the Gran Bahia
Principe Hotel is Higuey, which is an hour’s drive away and the Punta
Cana International airport is 18 miles (30 km) away.
Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Amenities
This Dominican Republic beach resort offers 708 junior suites
with its own bathroom and jetted tub. Each suite comes complete with air
conditioning, 80 channels of satellite TV, a sofa bed, and the choice
of two full size beds or one king size bed.
Of the 708 suites, 40% are non-smoking and 4 are equipped for the
The Gran Bahia is actually five resorts connected.
Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana All Inclusive Resorts Include:
Meals (with restrictions), and beverages (including
hot drinks, soft
drinks, wine, beer, and local cocktails and liquors).
- A main
restaurant offering an international buffet and 9 restaurants:
including 2 Japanese restaurants, 2 gourmet restaurants, a steakhouse,
a seafood restaurant, and restaurants offering Mediterranean, Italian,
and Mexican cuisines. (A surcharge may apply.)
- 6 bars:
one located in the lobby; another in the theatre; two poolside and two
on the beach.
- 2 large pools
with special areas for kids
for kids between 4 and 12 years old
- Sports and
activities including game room, amphitheatre, tennis,
games, mini-golf, beach volleyball, scuba diving (surcharge after one hour in the pool),
watersports (surcharge for windsurfing, sailing, etc.) and spa
- Golfing at several Dominican Republic golf courses
nearby including, Bavaro Golf 20 minutes away; La Cana
Golf Club 30 minutes away; Cocotal Golf and Country Club 20 minutes
away; Punta Blanca Golf Club 5 minutes away; and White Sands Golf 15
If you find the Gran Bahia Principe
all inclusive resort
isn't for you, please check out our Punta Cana Resorts page for more options.
Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana Resort Reviews
Nearly 76% of the more than 500 Punta Cana resort reviews would recommend staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- Most travelers felt the hotel was very good value for how much they paid.
The beach, the pool, the landscaping, and the scenery all received high marks for being gorgeous and well maintained.
- As with most beaches in Dominican Republic the Gran Bahia is no exception to the goregous white sand and turquoise blue Caribbean waters.
- The majority also found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the entertainment staff was great.
- The food choices were
plentiful, and guests noted that even the pickiest eater will find
something good to eat. (A benefit of staying at larger Punta Cana
- The nightly entertainment
also got a number of favorable notices - the resort was noted to
have a lively nightlife with several bars to choose from and an outdoor
village with music and vendors.
- Many reviewers liked how big the resort was with lots of places to stroll.
- The great Japanese restaurant - definitely a must try.
- There is almost always a breeze off the ocean to keep you cool.
- The choice of several swim-up bars.
- The resort was very clean.
- Kids loved the fantastic kids-club whose staff did a great job and the kids mini-disco at night.
- Lots of shade options available by the pool and on the beach.
- Brides loved the destination wedding services
at this Dominican Republic beach resort including the great wedding
coordinator, gorgeous flowers, photographer (from outside the resort)
- Some guests felt that the resort (advertised as 5 star) was not a five star quality. I think this is accurate but the resort also does not have a five star price.
While the food and staff were positively mentioned by many reviewers, others felt the quality of the food was lacking and not up to five star standards.
- The pools can be crowded, and public areas tend towards cigarette smoke.
- More than one reviewer noted that travellers who upgraded from the
basic package – signified by a green wristband – seemed to receive
- As with most Punta Cana resorts, many of the staff spoke primarily Spanish - some reviewers disliked not being able to communicate with all of the staff especially the maintenance and cleaning staff.
- Some reviewers disliked how large the resort was and had trouble finding their way around.
- Reviewers felt the in-room safe should have been included instead of paying $4 per day.
- Presidente is the only beer served in the all inclusive.
You can check out more reviews of the Gran Bahia All Inclusive at this TripAdvisor page
Tips for the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
- A dress code is required for the restaurants. More formal attire is preferred, but long pants are mandatory.
- Try to avoid staying on the ground floor; these rooms can be noisy.
- This Caribbean all inclusive resort has a different atmosphere with a large number of Spanish guests. If you are looking for a more "American" resort this may not be the place for you.
- Recommended Punta Cana things to do
include: zip lining, snorkeling, and swimming with the sharks and sting-rays.
- Don't miss the evening circus show as many guests raved about it.
- Bring an insulated travel mug to keep your beach or pool drinks cold and to keep the sand out.
- Some guests recommended upgrading to the newer Esmerelda or the Ambar Resorts (adults only).
- Try the Japanese restaurant and request a table where they cook right in front of you - it's fun and the food is good.
Many families and groups were pleased with their stay at Gran Bahia
Principe Punta Cana. Guests expecting quiet, romantic Punta Cana
resorts should know that this resort is geared towards families and
spring break and other school vacations can bring their share of rowdy
travellers. Overall, families
and groups with reasonable expectations compared with how much they
paid will be the happiest customers at this resort.
expecting a perfect, five star Caribbean all inclusive experience may
be disappointed and vacationers looking for more luxurious
Caribbean getaway may want to check out or our "Top 10 Punta
Cana All Inclusive Resorts" listing which highlights the best of the
best resorts in