Fun Facts About Cuba
for Your Cuba Vacation!
Our "Fun Facts About Cuba" page highlights what a unique vacation destination Cuba is!
Geographical Facts About Cuba
- Cuba is the largest Caribbean island
- Cuba is the 17th largest island in the world
- One of the largest coral reefs in the world is off the coast of Cuba
- Cuba has more than 4,000 islands!
- The Cuban coastline is more than 3,700 km
- The highest point in Cuba is 2,005 metres
- There are limestone underground caves in Cuba
- Cubans call the island El Cocodrilo (the Crocodile) due to the shape of the island
- There are no plants or animals in Cuba that are lethal to humans!
Find out more about Cuba
vacations and holidays here.
Historical Facts About Cuba
- Hemingway used to visit Cuba at the La Bodeguita del Medio
- Christopher Columbus first discovered Cuba in 1492
Social Facts About Cuba
- Cuba has one of the lowest birth rates in the western hemisphere
- Cuba is one of the four communist nations in the world
Education is free in Cuba and required for children up to 16 years old (the literacy level is 97%)
- A different currency is used for tourists which locals are not allowed to use!
- Toiletries and other items useful in daily life a hard to come by in Cuba not to lack of money necessarily but because supplies are limited on the island. Locals totally appreciate gifts of toothpaste, tooth brushes, make-up, school supplies, and clothing.
- Baseball is very popular in cuba